All credit goes to Chef Hubby who whipped this up for dinner. It’s easy to make and so savory. The flavor profiles remind me of a butternut squash ravioli I’ve had in a 5-star restaurant in Phoenix, minus the 5-star prices.
- Pasta Prima All Natural Ravioli – Butternut Squash
- Acorn Squash
- Olive Oil, Almond Oil and Walnut Oil
- Spices: Salt, Crushed Red Pepper, Nutmeg, Ginger, Anise and All Spice
- Soften the Acorn Squash by putting it in the microwave for 8 minutes (high).
- Peel the squash, remove the membrane (where the seeds are) and dice it.
- Season the squash with your spices. Go light on the All Spice.
- Make the ravioli according to the package’s instructions. Do not fully cook them.
- Combine Olive Oil with the Almond and Walnut Oils. Walnut Oil is actually Grape Seed Oil infused with walnut. Use mostly olive oil and the other two for taste.
- Sautee the acorn squash in the oil blend. Add the Spinach to return some of the moisture that was lost when microwaving the squash.
- Add the ravioli until it is slightly crispy.
- Season again with salt and peper and little more walnut oil. Or, hold the salt, if Parmesan cheese is available.